Monday, February 8, 2010

Apostolic Leadership

Bob Roberts Jr. describes that one of the greatest challenges of apostolic leadership is communicating what you sense and where you see God leading. Actually, he describes several great challenges to apostolic leadership, but I found this one to be the most personally striking. It hits me because I realize that when put in a situation where others are dependent on understanding the God story we've encountered, we better be pretty good at explaining that God story or we'll lose those followers. Sometimes its hard to exactly sense what God is telling us or where God is taking us. I know that personally, I am particularly hesitant to tell people about a calling or encounter I think I've felt from God, because there's always that bit of reasonable doubt within me that says maybe I'm wrong. However, we have to tell a story if we want our people to move forward. We have to try and understand where God is taking us if we want to catalyze those around us into action. The story of God's calling is vital in moving forward, so as apostolic leaders, we must learn how to put together the story that God has developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment