Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome

The idea behind this blog came from my student mentor, Tony Sheng. He is a global missions planner, as well as a global catalyst for some nonprofit organizations, and an elder at our church. The purpose of this blog is so that I can record all my updates on new things I am learning or thinking about this year while I intern for him with my buddy John. The blog will basically be like a journal of all my findings this year. Pretty cool right?

So the name. Faith in High Definition is the name I have given to this project. The reason I put this name together is because faith is something we surely get tested on each and every day. If we were to think of our faith like a scale, we may feel our faith is at a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10 for an average day. It takes a spark, some spiritual experience to bump us back up to 10. And even when we do get to 10, how long can we stay pumped up for? This year, I will be taking a journey to figure out some answers about where God is in the world today and how we can do our part to serve His kingdom reverently. In the meantime I will also be taking my faith on a journey as well. Sometimes you learn the most about something when you experience it hands on...precisely what I will be doing this school year, looking at faith hands on...in high definition.

2 comments: